Recap April 28th: DBC / Golden
What a gorgeous day to end April with! Over 30 enthusiastic riders joined in the morning's ride:
RECREATIONAL: Gene and Jacquette - DBC
Among 18 riders we had a mix of both regulars and newbies as we set out on "Gene's new adventure". As all new routes go, we had some discombobulation, a group split at a light or two and separate routes, but in the end we all made our way to Denver Bicycle Cafe (17th & Lafayette) for a nice break on the patio with coffee, snacks and rumor has it...even a beer was enjoyed....?!?!?!
Photos https://picasaweb.google.com/home include:
* Jacquette and Tony...riding buddies on their first "re-joined" ride since her accident and bronchial infection. Always great to see you Tony, we'll miss you next week - enjoy the Jazz Festival!
* Paul sporting (and loving) his new Bianchi Impulso. Paul and wife typically tandem together and while she continues healing from recent surgery (we wish her well), Paul is maintaining his riding legs.
* Team Marcie and Eric are training for an upcoming ride in Wyoming - best to them!
* The Glenn's (John, Karen & Tyler) and Jeff and ? sorry forgot her name, pose together with a common bond of all training for Ride the Rockies! We missed Alex and Randy on today's ride as there too are doing RtR.
* A happy, sunning, snake was interrupted along the CC bike path and sneaks to safety
* Security surrounding the "We Are Women" rally as they march the streets of downtown
* Denver Capitol dome undergoing restoration efforts
Our apologies to Maureen, as she got separated from the tail end of the group and got turned around ended up backtracking the route in the wrong direction until a nice motorist offered her a ride back to BV. Jacquette helped her understand where mistake was made and am certain she'll soon be saving someone else from the same error in the near future. ;)
As always - thank you to each of you for coming out and riding with us. We sincerely appreciate your energy and passion and look forward to a fabulous season together. Don't forget to tell your friends to come along. Simply add request to: BicycleVillageAurora@gmail.com
We believe in "braggin rights"...
Please post any photos and highlights pertaining to your own
cycling adventure(s) to the link above.
Who knows, you just may be the inspiration someone else needs.
INTERMEDIATE: Jeffrey - Golden
14 people gathered on this brisk but beautiful morning for the intermediate ride. Dress ranged from shorts and short sleeves to tights and jacket, with lots of arm warmers in evidence. We rolled quickly down the bike path to REI, and from there headed out through the neighborhoods to Golden. We went without a sweeper and the group was a bit spread out, but people did a good job of looking after each other. It was a fun ride, fast at places and sometimes slowed by the wind, but after 48 miles everyone was back safe at Bicycle Village with no mishaps or issues.
ADVANCED: Justin - Time trials
Sadly there weren't any hard-core riders up for time trial laps around Meridian today. Justin and Jason, both excellent riders and practicing racers are teaming up to focus on elevating your riding skills and performance from Intermediate to Advanced. They will hone in on pacing skills, breakaways, hill challenges, sprints and much more. Don't miss the next opportunity to learn how to improve your ride...for FREE...from the experts!!!